Eating a gluten free Thai in Paris? Yes, you know, everything is possible in Paris.
Welcome to Kapunka, the gluten free Thai canteen in Paris.
There are 5 restaurants (address and practical information at the end of the article) with more or less the same menus. So you’re sure to have one close to where you are!
I had the chance to go once to the one in Montorgueil, and I absolutely loved it. I already had the chance to travel in Thailand, the dishes from Kapunka sent me back to Asia, it was lovely !! If you too are missing Thailand or want to discover Thai food, Kapunka is the place to go.
On the menu, only traditional dishes: soups, spring rolls, noodles, pad thai, curries, but also tapas that change every day… Perfect to go with a nice little cocktail, right? And typical desserts that I loved!
There is also a Kapunka Vegan restaurant, which offers a slightly different menu, including a Thai brunch, super gourmet (with pancakesss), avocado toast thai and many other surprises!
Their small but perfect menu is 100% gluten free, so no cross contamination is possible.
Gluten free soy sauce, fresh products that arrive every morning after a selection the day before, and the meats are generally local. So, no risk of poor quality : Taste and quality are there!
Concerning the atmosphere of the restaurants: not always too many people so you are not obliged to book, FINALLY! The decoration is sober, but quite nice, and the music is soft and perfectly well chosen to make you travel. The portions are large, so don’t be afraid not to be full, Kapunka knows how to do it! Concerning the price, it is an average of 6 to 17€, so you have choice!
Let’s see the restaurants:
- Kapunka Paradis in the 10th: Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 11:30 am to 3 pm & 18:30 pm to 11 pm. They have both normal menu and vegan one with brunch for everyone!
- Kapunka Montergueil in the 2nd: Open from Monday to Saturday from 11:30 am to 3 pm & 6:30 pm to 11 pm and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 3 pm & 18:00 pm to 11 pm. Normal menu with vegan and vegetarian options.
- Kapunka Montparnasse in the 14th: Open from Monday to Saturday from 11:30 am to 3 pm & 6:30 pm to 11 pm and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 3 pm & 6 pm to 11 pm. Normal menu with vegan and vegetarian options.
- Kapunka Panoramas in the 2nd: Open from Monday to Friday from 11:30 am to 3 pm & 6:30 pm to 11 pm and Saturday from 6:30 pm to 11 pm. Normal menu with vegan and vegetarian options, and with an outside terrasse.
- Kapunka Cabinet in the 17th: Open from Monday to Saturday from 11:30 am to 3 pm & 6:30 pm to 11 pm. Normal menu with vegan and vegetarian options.
- Kapunka Vegan in the 2nd: Open from Monday to Saturday from 12 am to 3 pm & 7 pm to 11 pm with 100% vegan and gluten free menu
We hope you will enjoy traveling a little bit in Thailand with this really cool gluten free Thai in Paris ! And don’t forget, travel eat & enjoy !